Keeping You Moving Through Lockdown
Over the last few days we have been overwhelmed with questions and confusion surrounding many issues.
The information listed below should clear some confusion and bring some light on the ways that we will still be here to help.
Below you will hopefully find the answers to some of your frequently asked questions.
We have made significant changes to our centres to enhance our health and safety procedures, here are some of the things that we are doing to keep our customers and workers safe throughout lockdown.
- We have closed our receptions to abide by the government’s advice of a minimum of 2 metres distance.
- We will disinfect keys, door handles, steering wheel & hand brake levers where possible.
- All vehicles will have a disposable seat cover and floor mat fitted prior to any works.
- We have introduced a strict cleaning policy in all of our centres.
- Pick up and drop off service now available when booking.
- Contactless vehicle collection service available.
- We encourage all customers to use card payments as safer form of trading.
- Anyone with cold/flu-like symptoms to avoid visiting the centres.
- Those in isolation are encouraged to use the pick-up and drop off service.
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry.
- Advise customers not to leave their used face masks in their car upon drop off.
Why have Eurofit Autocentres decided to stay open?
- The health and wellbeing of our employees and customers is essential to us. At Eurofit Autocentres we have a duty of care to keep your roads safe and to keep the key essential workers moving around the UK.
I am self-isolating, but my MOT is due. I need my car for essential trips. What do I do?
- If you have to continue to use your vehicle whilst isolating for shopping, you have a responsibility to ensure your vehicle is safe.
We understand that your vehicle is imperative to you during these unprecedented times, so to help keep vehicle repair simple we are continuing our no contact collection and delivery of your vehicle for you at no extra cost.
Call your local centre today and where they will be more than happy to arrange this for you!
If you won’t be needing your vehicle and would rather wait until you’re out of isolation for your MOT test you will have to park your car off the street and on private property.
You will have to advise the DVSA to declare the vehicle as SORN (off the road).
This means you do not need to pay tax on the vehicle or issue a MOT.
I work in the NHS, I don’t have time to bring my car for a MOT, repairs or servicing! What should I do?
Firstly, thank you for all of your hard work and efforts to continue to help our nation through this hard time.
We praise you and your colleagues for everything that you are doing during this hard time.
- At Eurofit Autocentres, we are more than happy to collect and deliver your vehicle back to you whilst you are at home, or work.
- To say thank you for all your hard work we are offering an NHS discount for all of the staff supporting us through this pandemic.
Just give your local centre a call to arrange this.
Do you plan to shut throughout the outbreak?
- The COVID-19 pandemic has bought to our attention how crucial our vehicles are to us. Whether you are one of the millions of key workers who are keeping our country moving or doing your part by transporting essential supplies to those in need.
Eurofit Autocentres are monitoring the situations very closely and will take further action upon Government and NHS advice.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to call your local centre where we will be more than happy to assist you.
Eurofit Autocentres, still making vehicle repair simple.