How to Maintain Your Tools with Eurofit Autocentres
Can you imagine life without tools?!
The evolution of tools is truly mind-blowing when you think about it.
From the prehistoric caveman times when our ancestors were carving cave walls to diagnosing vehicles through a computer, it’s safe to say the evolution of tools has come a long way.
There’s nothing more satisfying than finding the right tool for the job!
To ensure Eurofit Autocentres give you the best quality repair service, they only use the best tools!
Through wear and tear, over time our tools get dirty!
Even if your tools haven’t got to the rusted stage yet, it’s important to keep them clean to prolong the life of them and avoid the dreaded rusted stage.
Cleaning dirty tools
- Wipe your tools down regularly with a rag
- Wash your tools with soap and water, be sure to dry them thoroughly
- Lubricate your tools with a tool-safe oil to prevent rusting
The best way to maintain our tools is to care for them over time, or else they get rusty which can be inconvenient!
Restoring rusty tools
- Do you have tools that have seen better days? Rusty around the edges! Gently sand down any rust or corrosion with sandpaper or even a scouring pad and you’ll have your tools looking brand new in no time!
- Okay maybe your tools need some TLC, soak them off in either vinegar or water and baking soda. Leave them for a few hours and this should be enough to break off some serious rusting and corrosion.
To avoid your tools getting rusty, you need to maintain them.
When you’re not using your tools, they should be stored away properly at all times!
- Hang your hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers on a pegboard on the wall
- Put your tools back in the toolbox
- Store larger tools like crowbars on a shelf
- Invest in a tool belt/apron
Don’t have the tool for the job?
If you don’t have the tool for the job, Eurofit Autocentres will!
No job is too big or too small for our team of talented and qualified technicians…
Money is no issue! Spread the cost with our payment plan. Call your local centre to enquire!
We’ll even keep you moving with one of our courtesy cars.
Book online today for all your vehicle repair needs!
Relax, it's repaired.