Wheel Alignment also known as Tracking
Wheel alignment, or tracking, is the process of ensuring your vehicle’s wheels are set to the optimum position, as per the car manufacturer’s specifications, so that tyres wear evenly and usually refer to the angle and direction of which the tyres are set. Hitting a kerb, driving into a pothole in the road or by excessive wear to steering or suspension components, can cause incorrect wheel alignment. It is important to get your wheel alignment checked regularly to ensure you maximise the life span of your tyres.
Incorrect wheel alignment can cause uneven tyre wear and affect the handling of the vehicle. Hitting kerbs, driving over potholes and worn steering suspension can cause wheels to become misaligned.
At Eurofit Autocentres we have the latest 3D 4-wheel alignment technology that enables greater accurate results and provides customers a print out of readings before and after adjustment. Using the reflective target type measuring head and camera system the wheel alignment process is simple and can take approx. 30 minutes for adjustment.
Computerised 3D 2 or 4-Wheel Alignment benefits
- The latest computerised checking equipment that will print a report for your records showing the exact measurements before and after adjustment.
- Alignment adjusted to the dealer’s manufacturer's original specification - exactly how it came out of the factory.
- Far higher degree of accuracy than conventional methods - our machines show the exact measurement of the vehicles data.
- Equipment will be positioned on your car in the workshop area and visible for your viewing.
- In most cases you will see the alignment reading live on the screen in reception so you can see what’s going on.
- Correct wheel alignment will show as an arrow in the green box.
- You will get a report of the before and after adjustments for your service records.
Eurofit Autocentres offer a free wheel alignment check, helping to increase tyre life.
PLEASE NOTE: that while majority of our Autocentres are equipped with 4 wheel alignment 3D systems a small proportion are due to be upgraded, please call your local centre before making a booking if 4 wheel adjustment is required.
Our web booking is typically for the alignment of the front two wheels, which is sufficient to resolve the majority of misalignment problems. Not all cars can have the rear wheels adjustment please contact your local centre for more information.